Happy Friday, Dear Readers!
I hope the sun is shining where you are.
For today’s Fun Friday, I chose an easy exercise, so I hope more people will participate. What five things do you want to do in your life? You can go into detail, and explain why these things are important to you, or–if you’re short on time–feel free to write a simple list. I’m looking forward to hearing about your five things!
As for me, it’s already pretty obvious that I want to publish novels and fight in the ring, so I’m going to leave those off my list and share things you may not know.
1) I want to go white-water rafting, preferably in an exotic locale. When I visited Africa in 2001, that was on my “must-do” list, but the Zambezi River was too high.
2) I want to move to a warm, tropical climate where shoes are not required. I was not cut out for this cold weather! For me, happiness is a looking out over my porch to see waves breaking against the sand. I want to live somewhere that lets me spend part of everyday walking (or running) on warm sand.
3) I want to spend time abroad volunteering for a meaningful cause, like helping to save the sea turtles in Mexico, or helping to build homes in Africa. I want to see the challenges of people (or animals) somewhere far away, in a place unfamiliar to me, and be enriched by the experience.
4) I want to cuddle a koala bear, a baby panda, and if possible, a red panda. Obviously this will involve some traveling.
5) I want to continue to challenge myself physically: climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, walking the entire Great Wall of China (as much as possible), scuba-diving at the Great Barrier Reef, training with the great muay thai instructors in Thailand. I want to never live an ordinary (or sedentary) life.
What are your five things? Please share!
Have a great weekend. Thanks for being here.